Thursday, July 14, 2011

Raven Calls

Raven calling out through
my window shades.
Its source of light, my lamp;
but, without it when light fades.

Raven wanting me to come
and join him in his flight.
"Raven, I cannot join you,
for this is now the night.

"Wings I do no have,
nor direction through the black...
nor do I wish to fall
attempting riding on your back.

"Raven, do not leave,
just stay and tell me what you see."
But Raven just drifts and floats,
not wasting time with me.

After dusk, I hear him,
alone with moaning cries,
and as I sleep, I do not see
him watching from the skies.

Raven cries to me,
and his yearning brings me down.
Yet, common sense and my feet
are kept firmly on the ground.

Raven is my soul,
just wanting to soar and fly.
Its carrier, my body,
does not like it in the sky.

I suppose one day, though not aware
I will give up and join his flight.
For now, I'll try to sleep
with Raven calling in the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment