Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Forget the "To Do" List... Where's My "I Want" List?

          I never thought I could be as excited about office supplies as I am now that I have my own office. Today, I walked into the executive administrator, Marsha's, office wondering loudly where I could find a pair of scissors.  After a brief conversation about how we had the same taste in watches, I walked out with a large grocery bag’s worth of supplies, including manila folders, highlighters, a stapler, folder racks, tape, toner and a slew of other things I didn’t even know I needed, but at that moment decided I couldn’t live without.

      Did I impulse shop in the supply closet?  Was I convinced of my needs by a smooth talking cougar of a secretary?  I have no idea.  I do know, however, that if anyone takes my staple remover, I will fashion a poorly constructed shiv out of paper clips and kill you.


No comments:

Post a Comment